Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Summer Solstice


Today, in the southern hemisphere, it is the longest day of the year- the summer solstice.

Early this morning, we went out to look for fairies. We where pretty sure they must have been out celebrating such a day. We where not disappointed. We found by the fairy house, under the rosemary bush, signs of a fairy party. The area was strewn with flowers and they had even left some of their feast behind- yummy strawberries. We didn't see any fairies sadly, we figured that they must have celebrated at dawn while we where still sleeping... maybe we might see one next year if we are very lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Just delightful, oh how children just love the magic of it all, and Mother's as well of course. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little fairy house. We have a little fairy garden too and it has been so magical over the year with my girls. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so gorgeous! It reminds me of when I was a little girl in my nana's garden, it was always alive with fairies! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, so cute. I love to celebrate the soltices and a fairy garden s a lovely way to get the kids into it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I always love reading your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails